View Single Post
Old 12-29-2006, 08:29 PM   #1
johngriff
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (4)
johngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to johngriff
For those needing Management w/o standalone.

So i feel you guys.

Alot of people have asked me now about getting a haltech. Alot of people have misconceptions on what it does, when they need it, and have a HUGE fear of tunning it.

I can accept that, years ago(5?), i was in the same boat, and wanted to run everytime i hear STANDALONE!

Ok, taking that into account + my ABSOLUTE HATRED for the AFC (check my previous posts) i stumbled onto a toy in the haltech catalog.

The Haltech Interceptor

Today i dealt with one of our long time customers who has recently blown out his turbo. He is on a budget, so we are upgrading his turbo/rebuild on a budget, but want to offer him the best tune while maintaining the most flexibility.

So I ordered one of these badboys up. I am pretty sure no one in the states have played with these thus far. I am going to do a step by step on the install, the software, and my impressions of it. If i dont like it, believe me, i will say so, because honestly, I hate crap.

This unit is a piggy back, not a full standalone, so idle, a/c, fuel pump are all still controlled by the standard ecu.

"As advertised"
I will be able to adjust fuel 100% independant of the ignition map.16x16
I will also be able to adjust timing independant of the fuel map.16x16
I can data log a wide band.
I can control the haltech boost controller (about another $100).
The possibility exists to convert to map, (maybe).

With the retail from me on this at about $830 shipped, boost controller and laptop tune, i think this is what ALOT of zilvia guys have been looking for.

We take delivery of the car next week sometime, there will be TONS of 10megapixle pictures of the install, a full write up on my blog, and i'll make a scene here on zilvia as well.

My question to you guys is: "Would you be interested in this?"

Thanks for any feedback, and keep it honest.

John