View Single Post
Old 02-03-2007, 02:09 AM   #107
nrg
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
nrg has much to be proud ofnrg has much to be proud ofnrg has much to be proud ofnrg has much to be proud ofnrg has much to be proud ofnrg has much to be proud ofnrg has much to be proud ofnrg has much to be proud ofnrg has much to be proud ofnrg has much to be proud ofnrg has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to nrg
Quote:
Originally Posted by ewuzh
No no, I need a D2S kit (D2S base bulbs for OEM style projector retrofit), but I have 9006 stock wiring in my car. I was hoping you could provide the 9006 harness/connectors that plug into the ballast so they are "plug and play."

So,

D2S bulbs with a D2S base
ballast with 9006 wiring

If it's not possible to order this combination, I'll just get a regular 5000k D2S kit and wire it myself I guess. Thanks for the quick response too!
There's no such thing as a D2S HID KIT. D2(s/r) bulbs are Standard OEM hid bulbs. what you're really looking for is a wire harness that will plug into your car's 9006 plugs. The best thing to do is build yourself a harness. They sell these 9006 female plugs at your local kargen auto parts store ( i know because i bought some and built a harness).
you can follow this diagram for the harness: http://www.nrgonline.org/s14_hid/img/HID_DIYrelay.jpg

JRTLighting, for being a dealer, you sure dont know what you're talking about. sounds like you're just following protocol and making a buck.

To everyone running a hid kit, make sure you use a relay harness that draws power directly from the battery. not a direct power source from the OEM lighting. those factory wires are designed for halogen. Even though hid runs less power than halogen, the startup spike is 100 times more. This is why you always hear stories about melted harness. Better be safe than sorry and have a car catch on fire.

driftingisgay.com