View Single Post
Old 03-03-2007, 11:07 PM   #174
ctnewman
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
ctnewman is a glorious beacon of lightctnewman is a glorious beacon of lightctnewman is a glorious beacon of lightctnewman is a glorious beacon of lightctnewman is a glorious beacon of lightctnewman is a glorious beacon of lightctnewman is a glorious beacon of lightctnewman is a glorious beacon of lightctnewman is a glorious beacon of lightctnewman is a glorious beacon of lightctnewman is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to ctnewman
Friday:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanmcell View Post
All this work Newman and you still plan to sell once it's done? If you do still plan to then you have to have a buyer lined up already right? If not, I'll make the first bid by offering up my first born.....

As it looks now, I'd probably sell the lotus and keep this, but chances are I will just keep all 3. :P

I'm still waiting on some exhaust parts, so in the meantime:

Yesterday, I removed 58 LBs of sound deadening from the trunk, as well as all the carpet. I put the 8 Gallon fuel cell into the spare tire well. The Summit 8 Gallon cell has no sending unit, so I can see myself running out of fuel once or twice. I may make a holder for an extra fuel can of Just In Case fuel.

I scored some strips of 16GA 304 that i will make hold down straps with. Today I also plan on mounting the WG. I am not doing a dump, I've decided i hate WG dumps, so i will try to tie it into the exhaust a ways downstream... probably at the second straight section.

If i still have time remaining, I am going to look into mounting the IC, while also performing a bumper tuck. (To do this you remove the pressure from the gas springs behind the bumper and press them in)

This is a pic of an aluminum bumpered car that's been tucked and painted, I think the only change needed is painting the door moulding black.

THIS IS THE COLOR I WANT + Fat gold wheels = sex:

it's BMW urban green. only came on a few Z4s

Saturday:
Got everything I planned for accomplished today.
First:
Fuel Cell

Next:
Wastegate mounted to manifold

Then:
Added some flex to the downpipe

After:
Connected the WG to the DO with some tube and a flex joint (minimize internal, thermally induced, stresses)

The completed Downpipe:
ctnewman is offline   Reply With Quote