View Single Post
Old 03-20-2007, 09:15 PM   #78
jrmiller84
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (2)
jrmiller84 has a reputation beyond reputejrmiller84 has a reputation beyond reputejrmiller84 has a reputation beyond reputejrmiller84 has a reputation beyond reputejrmiller84 has a reputation beyond reputejrmiller84 has a reputation beyond reputejrmiller84 has a reputation beyond reputejrmiller84 has a reputation beyond reputejrmiller84 has a reputation beyond reputejrmiller84 has a reputation beyond reputejrmiller84 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to jrmiller84
Clusterfuck

Day 11 [Back to index]

I talked to Ray at Enjuku today about the wiring harness. I'm sending him this picture that I'm posting to you guys.

I started to try to describe in words how the wires are "organized" but I soon realized that it was close to impossible to describe. Then I started to draw a schematic of sorts of how they were organized but I quickly became confused as multiple wires split into others wires which then combined into other trees of wires... it's rediculous. So what I decided to do was seperate the bad wires from the ones that have not been touched, label the "junctions" or connection points, and see if anyone has any advice or can decipher them on here. Here are some things to note about the picture:
  • The wires all start as either black or gray and they come in three sizes (I can't estimate a gauge wire so we'll just say thick, medium, and thin).
  • Junction 3 has a thick black wire that shoots off to the right and connects to junction 5, along with 3 other wires from other junctions
  • Junction 5 has 4 different wires coming from 4 different places
  • If a wire in question is not shown here, it is fine. I put that binder inbetween the bad wires and good ones as to seperate them.

I also looked through the FSM today to see if there was any wire guide that would help, but no dice. There were some things that were close but nothing dealing in wire colors and whatnot.

If you guys can make anything of this, it would be awesome. I'm constantly researching it as we speak. Also, like I said, I'm sending this to Enjuku tomorrow so we'll see what they say in conjunction with what you guys think and see if we can as a group get this resolved. It very well may be that the wires are perfectly fine, but how can you trust something that psychotic looking and unorganized? Especially when the junctions were covered ONLY in electrical tape.

Thanks for everyones help and motivation so far!