View Single Post
Old 03-22-2007, 08:41 AM   #92
jrmiller84
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (2)
jrmiller84 has a reputation beyond reputejrmiller84 has a reputation beyond reputejrmiller84 has a reputation beyond reputejrmiller84 has a reputation beyond reputejrmiller84 has a reputation beyond reputejrmiller84 has a reputation beyond reputejrmiller84 has a reputation beyond reputejrmiller84 has a reputation beyond reputejrmiller84 has a reputation beyond reputejrmiller84 has a reputation beyond reputejrmiller84 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to jrmiller84
Quote:
Originally Posted by statik
That part of the harness looks fine, believe it or not all of those splices come from the factory, most are sensor grounds, you can usually tell if its a factory splice by those small metal crimps they use, and usually the blue electrical tape, at least for an older nissan harness. It looks like you are trying to do everything yourself, which is great, but the harness can be daunting for a first timer, if you have any questions feel free to PM me.

Really? I did notice that those crimps weren't your typical impatient high school kid crimps. They are really small, I almost don't see how anyone would apply them without some kind of machine. There was blue tape on quite a bit of it.

It would make sense that they are grounds sense most of them all run to a thick black wire and most of them were covered up with blue electrical tape unlike the obvious n00b crappy crimp connections closer to the harness connector itself.

Hmmm...

I haven't heard anything from Enjuku yet, so perhaps what I will do is wait and see what happens with them and if they're not sure what's up with it I'll just solder those connections to make them solid and cover them up myself to make it nice and professional.

I'm really surprised that this could actually be how it came from the factory.

Thanks for the input statik!