View Single Post
Old 03-22-2007, 09:27 AM   #95
jrmiller84
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (2)
jrmiller84 has a reputation beyond reputejrmiller84 has a reputation beyond reputejrmiller84 has a reputation beyond reputejrmiller84 has a reputation beyond reputejrmiller84 has a reputation beyond reputejrmiller84 has a reputation beyond reputejrmiller84 has a reputation beyond reputejrmiller84 has a reputation beyond reputejrmiller84 has a reputation beyond reputejrmiller84 has a reputation beyond reputejrmiller84 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to jrmiller84
^^^ That's what was throwing me off, the tape and the doubling back of wires. I didn't think they would do it that way but it looks like I may be wrong

Quote:
Originally Posted by statik
Actually those crimps are considered to be just as good, if not better than solder, there are quite a few debates on crimp vs solder which we won't get into this thread, but as you can tell from the factory nissan chose a GOOD crimp connection, not the average crap from radio shack, over soldering. Honestly I wouldnt bother soldering those, those crimps are not going anywhere, just tape them back up. The rest of the harness is up to you but the cost of a good crimper is far more than a decent iron, and i've never heard from anyone with a failed solder joint (done properly) on a harness yet.
Agreed, the crimps didn't look like they were going anywhere. I'm mostly worried about covering them up properly. The electrical tape was starting to get sticky and moving around quite a bit so I definitely want to make sure it was done correctly.

Liquid electrical tape should do the job, that stuff is awesome when let dry long enough. I don't want to have to cut the wire so that I can put rubber heat shrink wrap on it but I may so that there's absolutely no chance of it coming off.