View Single Post
Old 03-26-2007, 11:50 AM   #99
jrmiller84
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (2)
jrmiller84 has a reputation beyond reputejrmiller84 has a reputation beyond reputejrmiller84 has a reputation beyond reputejrmiller84 has a reputation beyond reputejrmiller84 has a reputation beyond reputejrmiller84 has a reputation beyond reputejrmiller84 has a reputation beyond reputejrmiller84 has a reputation beyond reputejrmiller84 has a reputation beyond reputejrmiller84 has a reputation beyond reputejrmiller84 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to jrmiller84
Work Day 13 [Back to index]

It's been a few days since I last updated so I wanted to give at least a verbal explanation of the work I've done thus far. Everything I've done lately hasn't been very visual so pictures are few and far between. Later tonight when I get home from work I plan on posting some pictures to accompany my posting, so check back later!

I realized that while I have the motor out it would be a great time to start routing the wiring/tubing for the boost controller. I mounted the solenoid on the driver side near where the new power steering reservoir will go. It may have to move slightly as it will probably start cramping the reservoir's style. I then hooked the wiring up to it and ran it through the hole in the engine bay to the right of clutch master cylinder, up through the hole in the fender, and into the cabin. Now here's the cool part.

I don't typically like the places we have to chose from to put our boost controllers. It's always either the steering column, center console near the radio, in the glove box, or a few other lame places. I wanted to do something a little different. With that in mind, I ripped out my headliner the other day. I intend to mount the boost controller within the hump in the headliner near the rear view mirror. It will be angled at about a 30 degree angle facing downward so I can see it. It should look awesome. I have already routed the cables to that area, just have to get a slightly longer vacuum tube to go from the FPR to the controller. Might get some nice red tubes to dress up the bay some while I'm at it I also created a fiberglass bezel(painted black) for it to mount into so it doesn't look like I just cut the headliner

Other than that, I recently removed the pressure plate, clutch disc, and flywheel to ready myself for the parts that SHOULD be in this week (I hope). I also went ahead and connected the new belts to the water pump and power steering pump. One thing that broke when I removed the KA was my clutch slave cylinder. When I took the old one off of the KA, the piston just fell out of the front... not good. I was looking at buying a NISMO slave cylinder, but that was before I realized they sell OEM ones at the parts store for under $30. I just couldn't justify the $200 price tag of the NISMO slave cylinder when I would be perfectly fine running an OEM one. Maybe I'll buy it sometime in the future when trees are genetically engineered to grow money

I've also been working on my wiring harness here and there. I've almost completed it. I will be ordering some more flex tubing for it to replace the old tubing as well as some tubing T-connectors online from CableOrganizer.com. The T-connectors and red wiring loom should make the wiring harness look extra professional. Check them out here, some cool shit indeed.

This weekend I bought a few things online for the car:
-Dual Fan Thermostat Kit
-MR Test Pipe
-Clutch Fork Pivot
-K&N Breather Valve

Small purchase but needed. This coming Friday I hope to purchase a Circuit Sports down pipe (the one with the turbo outlet and flat bottom for clearance) and the HKS Hi-Power exhaust. That should complete my setup! We'll see how long it takes to get them though...

Check back later for pictures!