View Single Post
Old 04-12-2007, 08:24 PM   #259
jrmiller84
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (2)
jrmiller84 has a reputation beyond reputejrmiller84 has a reputation beyond reputejrmiller84 has a reputation beyond reputejrmiller84 has a reputation beyond reputejrmiller84 has a reputation beyond reputejrmiller84 has a reputation beyond reputejrmiller84 has a reputation beyond reputejrmiller84 has a reputation beyond reputejrmiller84 has a reputation beyond reputejrmiller84 has a reputation beyond reputejrmiller84 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to jrmiller84
Quote:
Originally Posted by statik
theres very few differences between the ka and the sr tranny, the fork should work fine, that fork is def sticking out too far, looks like you need to drop the tranny and see whats going on there.

Easiest way with the motor in by yourself is to unbolt the motor mounts, drain the tranny fluid and unbolt the tranny cross member and lower it down with a jack, then using a jack and a piece of wood jack up the front of the motor from the oil pan to angle the tranny towards the ground as far as possible without crushing the valve cover against the firewall. With the tranny on that angle you should have enough clearance to remove the tranny and then reinstall it by yourself, however that will require a second jack, one to help install the tranny and one to keep the motor on the angle to stab it properly. Thats how I normally do it, I find to get enough clearance I had to remove the upper heater core line from the back of the head though, but your setup my allow for enough clearance without that.
That's probably what I'll do then. Only solid things I have connected at this point are the driveshaft, tranny mount and motor mounts so it should be easy to either just pull it or drop the tranny.