View Single Post
Old 04-13-2007, 10:12 PM   #264
jrmiller84
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (2)
jrmiller84 has a reputation beyond reputejrmiller84 has a reputation beyond reputejrmiller84 has a reputation beyond reputejrmiller84 has a reputation beyond reputejrmiller84 has a reputation beyond reputejrmiller84 has a reputation beyond reputejrmiller84 has a reputation beyond reputejrmiller84 has a reputation beyond reputejrmiller84 has a reputation beyond reputejrmiller84 has a reputation beyond reputejrmiller84 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to jrmiller84
Quote:
Originally Posted by timtiminy
jrmiller84 :
dude i had the same problem with my the clutch fork not aligning and i did the same thing as you (using the bolts to pull the engine and tranny together) I had to pull the tranny off and I had installed my throwout bearing with the wrong side facing the pressure plate. i just turned the throwout bearing around and put the clutch fork back on and the wire clip, made sure the clutch plate was alligned with the clutch alignment tool and the tranny went in alot smoother the second time and the engine and trans were closer together than the first time, everything turned out fine after that. good luck, i know how frustrating it can be.
Yeah, I made sure I did all of that when I put it on the first time. I used the KA tranny as my model since I hadn't taken anything off of it.

My guess is if something is wrong inside, it may have been from the trouble I had putting the transmission back on. It may have rolled over onto the fork or something and knocked something out of wack.

We'll see tomorrow I suppose.