View Single Post
Old 04-14-2007, 05:53 PM   #267
jrmiller84
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (2)
jrmiller84 has a reputation beyond reputejrmiller84 has a reputation beyond reputejrmiller84 has a reputation beyond reputejrmiller84 has a reputation beyond reputejrmiller84 has a reputation beyond reputejrmiller84 has a reputation beyond reputejrmiller84 has a reputation beyond reputejrmiller84 has a reputation beyond reputejrmiller84 has a reputation beyond reputejrmiller84 has a reputation beyond reputejrmiller84 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to jrmiller84
Work Day 21

Today was a hard day. It was incredibly hot in Florida. My unit faces west so after midday, the sun shines right into it. I've never felt like I was closer to a heat stroke.

Word to the wise, everyone who thinks this is a one man job and keeps posting that they are impressed, don't be. If I had actually had a heat stroke, no one would have been there to help me. Please get help if you decide to do a swap the way I am.

Luckily I was able to get the engine out and back in before I left so all the hard work is done now.

I forgot to take my camera today so I don't have any pictures but I did solve the transmission mystery.

When I got the fork out, I compared it to the KA fork.

The SR fork was 1 inch longer than the KA fork.

So after that I put the KA fork in the SR transmission and it was a perfect fit. The slave cylinder aligns up perfectly now. The TOB and fork seemed to fit better as well. It felt slightly more snug on the TOB while the other one felt like a sloppy fit. After that I bolted the tranny and starter back up to the motor and hoisted it back in.

S14DB notified me that the motor may be a 180sx type X SR, perhaps that's why it's so different. I couldn't find any information about them so I can't be sure. I suppose that would explain a lot though.

Tomorrow I will be finishing the install except for the intercooler piping, which I am waiting to get back from the welder on Monday. I got the motor back in and I just have to reconnect the wiring harness, the slave cylinder line, and some other minor stuff.

Pictures tomorrow if I don't forget my camera