View Single Post
Old 04-24-2007, 12:01 PM   #395
jrmiller84
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (2)
jrmiller84 has a reputation beyond reputejrmiller84 has a reputation beyond reputejrmiller84 has a reputation beyond reputejrmiller84 has a reputation beyond reputejrmiller84 has a reputation beyond reputejrmiller84 has a reputation beyond reputejrmiller84 has a reputation beyond reputejrmiller84 has a reputation beyond reputejrmiller84 has a reputation beyond reputejrmiller84 has a reputation beyond reputejrmiller84 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to jrmiller84
Update

Went out there on my lunch break today to attempt to take care of a few small things. Got the timing out of the way. Made sure it was two marks from the right on the crankshaft by using the timing light. One thing I noticed was that the timing light would every once and a while miss. I think I need to regap the spark plugs. I couldn't find my gap tool so I had to go off of the gap on the old spark plugs. If that's not it, I'm guessing it could be the timing gun. It didn't happen very often and the car showed no sign that it had occurred when it did, purred like a kitten.

With that in mind, the car seemed to run better after the timing, which was obviously expected. She's almost ready for a drive. Still have to switch out the two tranny sensors (which I hope I can get to without dropping it) and a couple other miscellaneous things.

I also have to figure out how the damn boost controller works, thing is confusing. I've read that about this particular boost controller multiple times on here though. Also, the boost gauge is hooked up wrong somehow I believe. It sits at 15psi at idle and drops to around 0psi when given throttle, ass backwards. I have the tubing kind of oddly done so that may be why. I have the tube from the smaller nipple on the intake manifold splitting, one to the FPR and the other running into the cabin. The line in the cabin is split again, one to the boost controller and one to the boost gauge. It seems like that would be fine but perhaps not.