View Single Post
Old 04-26-2007, 11:52 AM   #420
jrmiller84
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (2)
jrmiller84 has a reputation beyond reputejrmiller84 has a reputation beyond reputejrmiller84 has a reputation beyond reputejrmiller84 has a reputation beyond reputejrmiller84 has a reputation beyond reputejrmiller84 has a reputation beyond reputejrmiller84 has a reputation beyond reputejrmiller84 has a reputation beyond reputejrmiller84 has a reputation beyond reputejrmiller84 has a reputation beyond reputejrmiller84 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to jrmiller84
Quote:
Originally Posted by opponheimer View Post
If you get braided lines be sure you get the ones with banjo ends so you can use the factory oil regulating/restricting bolts. Or else you'll more than likely start blowing oil after a few thousand miles.

IF you want to stay with hard lines, undo the two lines on the block first, and don't bend them in any way or form. Take off exhaust and if you can, o2 housing, then put a 19 on a long ended ratchet behind the turbo (once you unbolt the manifold from the head) and undo the coolant line going in the back of the turbo cartridge. After that undo the oil drain and your done.. You shouldn't have many problems with the lines, especially with re installation, as long as you don't bend them.

First time i did it to replace the inlet gasket it took me 8 hours, now I'm down to a little over an hour.
I'll be staying with the hard lines for the time being, but the next time I need to take off the turbo I'll be prepared and buy some braided ones. I don't want to have to deal with that for much longer.

I forgot to mention earlier. This Monday, I am going to be purchasing a few new parts. In particular, I am going to be purchasing an AFR gauge and a water temp gauge. Reason being that my stock temp gauge is going nuts on me. When the car is cold until just before normal operating temp, it reads accurately. After it hits the normal temp it'll chill in the correct place until I hit a bump and it shoots up to the top of the gauge. Scares the hell out of me, makes me double guess the cooling when I see it shoot up even though I know it's the gauge. I will be replacing my gauge cluster soon due to the RPMs not working and that should fix the temp issue, but until then I need to know it's not overheating on me.