View Single Post
Old 05-08-2007, 09:39 PM   #165
TheTimanator
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (1)
TheTimanator has a reputation beyond reputeTheTimanator has a reputation beyond reputeTheTimanator has a reputation beyond reputeTheTimanator has a reputation beyond reputeTheTimanator has a reputation beyond reputeTheTimanator has a reputation beyond reputeTheTimanator has a reputation beyond reputeTheTimanator has a reputation beyond reputeTheTimanator has a reputation beyond reputeTheTimanator has a reputation beyond reputeTheTimanator has a reputation beyond repute
here's is an issue I have been having...

First of all I have an SR with fmic, eletrical fans and stock thermostat. I use a Pivot Fan Control Gauge-X to act as a thermostat for the fans as well as a more accurate gauge. Also the water pump and thermostat were both replaced a little over a year ago. Here are the problems I have been having.
1.) the gauge becomes horribly inaccurate when the fans come on. I know this b/c it will read 220 degrees F and I shut off the car and it will read 180....it's never consistent. Although I'm not 100% that the car is not running hot.
2.) the car "pulses" when the fans come on (rpm's don't change, it's more of a vibration thing)
I have "bled" the coolant system to the best of my ability, so I don't think thats the issue. Have any ideas on how to fix this? I just want it to be reliable again for daily use if I need it.

As a quick fix , or maybe a permanent one, I was planning on putting a clutch fan and shroud (which I already have) in and possibly getting a nismo thermostat. Although that looks like it's gonna be tricky b/c of the condenser ( i think it's the condenser, I still have a/c).