View Single Post
Old 05-25-2007, 08:31 PM   #109
tknbkthrsdy4anfg
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (0)
tknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfectiontknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfectiontknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfectiontknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfectiontknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfectiontknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfectiontknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfectiontknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfectiontknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfectiontknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfectiontknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to tknbkthrsdy4anfg
Day 9
Friday, May 25, 2007

Wow, today was a long day. Some of the other guys in the shop (there is only 5 of us) were testing and tuning a Harley all day, that got really annoying. Anyway I decided to start today off by putting the valve train together, It started off looking like this.

Then I added the valve shims and lifters.

The I dropped on the rocker arms and added assembly lube to the bearings.

I almost forgot to torque down these sub headbolts in the timing area.

I was trying to do everything without taking the cam gears off, but I couldn’t figure out a way to do it. Anyways I got everything lined up, put on and torqued.
Next I decided to tackle putting on the intake manifold. But first I had to get the heater hoses put on.

Then I got the manifold on, all the water lines hooked up and bolts torqued.

Finally I reached the point of no return, the exhaust manifold. I shot it with PB blaster, let it sit and then took it apart.

I got lucky all the turbo studs stayed in.

Next I took the manifold to the machine shop and had it glass blasted.

Finally I hung it up in our dyno room, turned the fans on and coated it with Duplicolor High Heat with ceramic 1200 degree engine enamel, looks pretty nice.
Next I took the injectors out of the fuel rail to replace the o-rings. It was a little bit of a pain to figure out, but easy once I figured it out. I used the two screws as fulcrums and two screwdrivers to lift them out.

Last thing I did before heading home was starting to strip the valve cover.

I’m going to Duplicolor it with high heat gloss black and then polish off the letters and then clear coat the whole thing, hopefully it will turn out really shiny. However I was thinking about just clear coating the valve cover, it looks really cool with the brushed aluminum look.

$pending dead pre$ident$ J@CK@TT@CK!