View Single Post
Old 08-02-2007, 11:57 AM   #130
daryl337
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
daryl337 has a spectacular aura aboutdaryl337 has a spectacular aura aboutdaryl337 has a spectacular aura aboutdaryl337 has a spectacular aura aboutdaryl337 has a spectacular aura aboutdaryl337 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to daryl337
Quote:
Originally Posted by the head View Post
tell me that four years from now when I am still on my first set of battle version links on my S13 which are currently four years old and are still perfect
well i've owned my 240 for about 6 years now, and started using megan products about 3 years ago. If you look at the product and they have any flaws, tell them right away and they take care of you. For the price you really can't beat service like that. You should be able to tell the difference between a "quality" product and a crap product. Me personally, I take advantage of their satisfaction guarenteed policy and if I spot a flaw in the product I just send it back and they send me a new one. After all, in the end, I think they would rather fork up another 500 dollar part than have a 5000 dollar claim put against their company.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ripnbst View Post
Perfect example of why to never trust a salesman who is telling you something about thier own product. If it is such a reputable company why wouldnt you say who it was? I mean if Brembo made MR's BBK then I would think you would WANT to say that to sell more product but what do I know. Also if you are going to say "MR wont let us say who makes them"(which Im sure you will) then MR is fucking retarded because if I was selling a BBK made by Alcon only it had "Ryan Racing" stamped on the side you better believe it would be in BOLD in my ad.
These road racers you speak of, please have one of them come to this thread posting a review backed by some track experience with the kit.
PS: I couldnt help but notice you take pride in being the east coast's # 1 distributor of straight up garbage.

Though you would think that a company would want to say "oh we get our products made by *insert reputable company here*" it doesnt work that way as a business. The reason being, if the consumer finds that these outsourced components are made by a company and simply sold to you with megans name on it, what is to stop us from going directly to that company to purchase the items ourselves? As a business you are responsible to one thing: your revenue.

having worked in the parts field for quite some time, I know all of the little tricks of the trade that are used in marketing. the end result that really matters is what you put on your car. If you look at the rotors in the megan package and say "hmm.. they look cheesy".. then simply return them for new ones, or dont buy them at all! I dont think that you should rob megan of reasons for producing these big brake kits. When it comes down to it... if the materials used are good (steel), the hydraulics have good seals in them (good rubber) and you get your dang *shiny* braided lines that everyone seems to deem necessary to be reputable, it really doesnt matter what name you buy. Brakes all work the same. Calipers clamp down on the rotors.

Sure you might say "but brembo put in a lot of research and development into their products!" Well, yeah... originally. Brakes are made by so many manufacturers now that you have plenty of options to go with. They all have the same principles, and they all do the same job: clamp down on the rotor.

What brembo became infamous for was developing the slotted and crossdrilled design to eliminate gasses in the most efficient manner. It takes a genious to design, but a fool can imitate it fairly well. If the price of the megan kit is substantially lower than that of brembo, I would not cry one bit about buying them.
daryl337 is offline   Reply With Quote