View Single Post
Old 08-25-2007, 09:20 PM   #66
CursedGTR
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (6)
CursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by EJ253 View Post
hmm, im kinda confused because we dont really have any laws like that in the US.

the way we do wide body here is cutting away the stock 1/4 panel and putting on over fenders, im sure you know that tho.

so can you not tuck wheels into the fender?
more pics would be great

EDIT: i think i get it. you just flared the stock sheet metal straight out?
Let me break it down but yeah you are almost on track.

Cutting away the quarter panel here in Japan is considered to be negatively effecting the structural integrity of the vehicle. so in order to pass the inspection when I go to re register it I need to have the quarter panels on. Since I am going to legalize it with the engine and everything else, I am trying not to cause a failure on trivial stuff.

The Stock sheet metal is flared straight out and that is it so you are on the nose on that one.

Cool laws like being allowed to cut the quarter panel are cool in the states, but I get to legalize a car with a 900 plus HP RB26DETT in it which is not so doable in the states lol, so I'll trade ugly quarters sitting under a widebody for a fully legal S15 with RB26 (I think it might be an even trade but I am not sure as of yet).

I want to use a super wide tire in the back (like a 315 or more if possible) so I needed to wide body it to accomodate the necessary wheel width.

More pics will come soon. Once I get back and get back to work, I will put alot more pictures.