View Single Post
Old 08-31-2007, 11:10 AM   #22
WilloW
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (0)
WilloW is close to perfectionWilloW is close to perfectionWilloW is close to perfectionWilloW is close to perfectionWilloW is close to perfectionWilloW is close to perfectionWilloW is close to perfectionWilloW is close to perfectionWilloW is close to perfectionWilloW is close to perfectionWilloW is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to WilloW Send a message via Yahoo to WilloW
Quote:
Originally Posted by R240NA View Post
Post it, I forgot what all it said anyway.

The unit was an option on 98 K's Aero models only.
I have a feeling that this is not the guide you've deleted. However, I was able to get the gauges working just from this alone so I think it should also help the folks here.

Russ' install guide
Black w/ silver dots-ground
green-ignition
black-illumination dimmer
red/blue-illumination
yellow/red-oil pressure sensor
black/pink-boost sensor

you’ll hook the illumination dimmer wire to the red/yellow in the car, and I'd run ignition to the cluster wire, not behind the radio. Better source. Buy a Z32 oil pressure sending unit and install it in place of the OE switch, ground one side and feed the other to the gauge input. The boost sensor uses a voltage reference, I'm hooking mine up this weekend using the boost sensor that sits on the RH shock tower. 5 volts is maximum input to the gauge as far as I can tell, and that's the output from the ECU, so it should work fine. Also, you'll notice when it gets installed that the gauges are angled slightly towards the rightside, you can flip the outer housing around, but it requires a little trimming and some creativity, and you'll need to mount it in the lower DIN spot, the trim panel has a lip on the top and won't fit right if left in the upper slot.
JDM 3gauge DIN pod, OEM in 98 Silvia K's Aero models. It fits prefect above the radio and has voltmeter, oil pressure, and boost gauges, all whitefaced, looks very nice in SE cars. Easy 6 wire hookup, you'll need a Z32 oil pressure sender and a Z32/S14 boost sensor to make the gauges work

Another thing that I was able to dig up from a similar post was the part number for the gauges.

"SRFiveTen"...i came up with two boost sensors for s14.
one is for zenki s14, 22365-69F00 unique to zenki s14 and another for kouki s14, 25085-89900 sharing p/n with z32 and many others.

The part number highlighted in bold should be the one that works with the boost gauge.