View Single Post
Old 09-21-2007, 06:20 PM   #4
RedtopTech
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
RedtopTech has much to be proud ofRedtopTech has much to be proud ofRedtopTech has much to be proud ofRedtopTech has much to be proud ofRedtopTech has much to be proud ofRedtopTech has much to be proud ofRedtopTech has much to be proud ofRedtopTech has much to be proud ofRedtopTech has much to be proud ofRedtopTech has much to be proud ofRedtopTech has much to be proud of
i lost fuel pressure while running a 75 shot of nitrous. The only damage occured on cylinder three where the piston got burned right past the rings and the sleeve got trashed. No other cylinders showed any sign of detenation. I stepped out as soon as it occured and putted 1.5 miles back home. My theory is that there is some design aspect that causes higher EGT on cylinder 3 compared to the others such as coolant routing, airflow through the manifold, or heat soak.
At first i was upset at myself for not keeping an eye on the wideband and fuel pressure(which i always check before using the nitrous) but then i looked on the bright side....time for forged internals!
RedtopTech is offline   Reply With Quote