View Single Post
Old 09-27-2007, 09:58 AM   #13
GoldenLeg
Banned from the Marketplace

Trader Rating: (0)
GoldenLeg will become famous soon enoughGoldenLeg will become famous soon enoughGoldenLeg will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by drift freaq View Post
Well this was actually a publicized fact that came out about 2-3 years ago when Nissan actually announced they were going to be another GTR. Basically they wanted to make it a world car. In that sense, The Skyline moniker while true was a Japan and certain parts of the United kingdom and a few places in Asia car to begin with. On top of that the Skyline originally and always were a luxury sports vehicle and not a full bore super car. The GTR was first conceived to take the Skyline racing in the 70's. In the 80's the GTR moniker pretty much went bye bye. It was brought back in the 90's with the advent of the R32.R33 and R34. It was then that the GTR really rose up to Super Car Status because the R32 ones were the first of the AWD GTR's.

Now Nissan has decided that being a Super Car it deserved its own designation seperate from the Skyline itself. Hence the decision to just call it the GTR. Everyone that really knows about the older cars i.e. the people who would even want the new one or could afford to purchase it, already know what the GTR is . There is almost no need for Nissan to have to explain it anyone.

Plus when it comes out and romps ass on cars cost close to three times it well it won't really matter. It will be another legendary Nissan. Time will tell, time will tell.
Wow. Thanks for the explanation. Now I feel as if that was a dumb question . You learn something new everyday I guess.