View Single Post
Old 10-02-2007, 03:13 PM   #48
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (12)
0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taniguchi_Is_#1 View Post
what we're saying is that in 5 years when you can get an 2008 gt-r for 40K, you'll still be sitting here saying: blah. forget the 2013 gt-r. the old gt-r with a big turbo can make more power and go faster for less money.

it doesn't end. the argument, while valid, is like comparing a new apple to a half eaten and reconstructed apple. whatever floats your boat.
I agree, yes it will never end. Manufactures will continue to come out with new cars which will be driven in the real world. Unlike the car magazines who only compare it to same model years. I already can see the 08 997 vs 08 gt-r vs 08 zo6 on the cover of every car mag. Real life is a total different ball game. You have to deal with new, old, and fully built apples. Why just compare new apples? It's not real life. Especially when fully built apples are cheaper. What floats my boat is being honest with my dollar. Before I drop big money into a car I am going to make sure I am getting the best bang for the buck. I know before I decided to go the route I did, I was looking at used 996tt's, zo6's, 930's, built e36 with ls7, built fd with ls7, new gt-r, new m3, and built evo. I came to my decision after crunching cost numbers, time slips, lap times and looking at tons of articles on these used and future cars. In the real world I feel the new m3 and gt-r are overpriced performance wise in the current market. 996tt very expensive to fix so it got overpriced, but it's not too bad and looks like sex. A used zo6 I think is well priced but only a 2 seater so it was a no go for me. fd 2 seater so no go. I really kinda wish I went with building an e36 m3 with ls7, as I could have done it even cheaper and faster than the evo, but it's not awd. Never had an awd car before so went the evo route.

What cars would you compare the gt-r to if you had $68k to drop?

TougeHero.com l SilviaV8forums.com