View Single Post
Old 10-04-2007, 02:28 PM   #65
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (12)
0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by kouki_s14 View Post
I brought up 911 because it's been tested against a 911. You dont see Nissan taking the GTR around the world with an Evo in its tracks. If Nissan wanted to build a car to beat the Evo, i doubt they would have to try very hard.

It's being compared to something twice its price to show that it can do what the 911 can do, but luckily you dont have to pay for a 911. Why cant you compare similiar performing cars? Seems like a good platform to me. It's the best way to see which is the best bang for your buck kind of thing.

Yeah and that is why I am comparing a built evo to a gt-r because it's the best way to see which is the best bang for the buck.

Quote:
Why would i want a GTR to be luxurious? Why wouldnt i want a car to be luxurious? I dont care if the navi, stereo, seats are heavy. If it performs while being heavy and keeps me comfortable then thats a big plus.
If i didnt want a luxurious car then i would build a car myself and make it fast, but i cant build a luxury car.

Like I said that is on your pro list as back seat is on my pro list. I can't believe lux and gt-r are in the same sentence...

Quote:
Then you're obviously in the market for something else, Nissan isnt pricing it for you. Nissan is making this car for the people who want a luxury performance car and that dont need to haul a family around. If you got the money for this car then you can probably afford to get a SUV for other duties.

I know they aren't marketing it to me, probably the reason I didn't buy it. If the price was 10k lower and the weight was 500 less I probably would have looked over no back seat and bought one.

This is a very tough car to compare something to because of it's awd, price and performance. I said earlier I don't think the 997tt is a good car to compare the gt-r to, not because of performance but price, and Slam brings up a great point on why it really shouldn't be compared to the 997tt.

New car it's the z06 and m3. I think it will beat the m3 but not the z06.

Quote:
But you still have to adjust it manually at the track to get it to perform the way you want. Eh some people are just lazy.

Takes 2 seconds, but like most porsche owners I can see them thinking it's a hassle to pop the hood and turn a dial. Most would have no clue what to do. This is why I don't agree with phreze. Most of the people who buy this are just going to drop it off and have a $216 oil change.

Quote:
Tire size doesnt mean anything unless you can get heat into them, most drivers cant ever use the full potential of 305 tires all around. You better be running some high hp numbers for that heat and to keep it at temp, so that means high boost, which then plays into the reliability factor. You're not going to weigh 3000lbs with thick comfortable leather seats, navi, etc(remember from my point of view it's supposed to be as luxurious as a GTR).

It will have more than 500hp less than 800hp to the wheels which will be plenty to get heat into the tires. Yes I am running a bigger more efficient yet lighter radiator and oil cooler. Bigger intercooler that weights little heavier than stock. Bigger intercooler piping which are lighter than stock. Everything swain BBE coated for heat removal. Will have no heat issues running hard on the track or road.

Ok if you want all that lux crap add 500 so 3500 vs 3800.

Quote:
wth? are you still considering buying parts from the dealer? come on....
endless, pbr, project mu, etc will have replacement parts within months if not sooner. Not to mention it may perform better or just as well for low costs. Just stop looking at those dealer prices already...it's a pointless fact

Ok it's pointless for you and me but not for everyone buying or looking to buy this car. Not everything will be able to be bought aftermarket. Wonder how much hubs are going to cost when they need replacement? How much are 21" tires going to cost?

Quote:
So how is this car going to have AC? Again remember your "built evo" has gotta have AC. I love my AC. So you will have a fully built 4 cylinder running 500+hp? Little less? Little more? That motor is going to run HOT, which means you need a thick radiator and FAT FMIC, which means it'll block the AC, which mean......no AC. To me, that is no longer a car that can be daily driven.

It will have a more efficient radiator, and the intercooler is a lot thicker but not a lot wider. So it doesn't really block that much more air flow. I see no problem running ac at all. That said I never use ac and looking at the weight I may remove it. Maybe it's because I am up north but I never use it. I like the windows down, but I know some can't live without it. Running around town with the ac on or down the highway would be no problem. You are not even really on boost in those situations. Don't even see a problem in spirited driving with the bigger radiator and oilcooler. If you are at the track or mountain running hard no one is going to be running ac not even the gt-r and if they are they are insane.

Quote:
You cant really say that youre working on your own car since you're paying $8000 to someone to build your engine. You will probably pass a GTR on a track sooner or later, but that driver was obviously not putting it to its full potential.

You know what I mean by "working on my own car", even top race team have an engine builder. Like I said I am not fucking around and went to the best 4g63 builder in the world. Lot's say better than jun or cosworth. Yes I could do it for myself but I wouldn't save that much more and it wouldn't be as close to as good.

Quote:
You will need to strip even more amenities, sacrific more reliability, comfort, etc on your Evo to compete with a driver that can take the GTR to its limits.
you have one hell of an uphill battle against the GTR.

I love uphill battles, it just makes the victory that more sweet. I promise it will be full interior, heat, radio, carpet, no cage, abs, airbags when I post time slips and in car track video.

Quote:
If i had the money i could probably build an Evo to compete with a GTR too. but there is no way in hell i would want to drive it everyday. You cannot take $68,000 and build an Evo with the same characteristics as the GTR, period. Is anything i'm saying getting through?
Performance characteristic I think you can match(exceed) that of the gt-r and that is what I am trying to prove with my build. I think your view of this car is a little slewed. I mean you are comparing it to a stock 997tt which if you have ever been to a pca event is no way even close to the fastest car on the track. I know you guys think I am insane but I didn't just come up with built evo > than $68k gt-r out of thin air, and to top it off I won't even be close to $68k or even $58K with no tax. Plus ball up a built evo much easier to re-coop your total cost selling off parts vs gt-r. I bend the evo chassis it's junk so I am out 10k. Bend a gt-r chassis it's going to be a lot more than 10k. Yes you can part out both but you won't re-coop as much of your total investment with a new car. Just rolling it off the lot you are in the hole.

Nothing else really to say, will just have to wait and see in 08.

TougeHero.com l SilviaV8forums.com