View Single Post
Old 10-05-2007, 06:50 PM   #77
kouki_s14
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (0)
kouki_s14 is close to perfectionkouki_s14 is close to perfectionkouki_s14 is close to perfectionkouki_s14 is close to perfectionkouki_s14 is close to perfectionkouki_s14 is close to perfectionkouki_s14 is close to perfectionkouki_s14 is close to perfectionkouki_s14 is close to perfectionkouki_s14 is close to perfectionkouki_s14 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to kouki_s14
Quote:
If you think the suspension on the gt-r is going to ride like a caddy and perform like a porsche you are insane. It's not possible to have both, you have to compromise something in the valving especially if it isn't adjustable. It's probably somewhere in the middle of a caddy and race car(more to the race car end I am sure). With double adjustable shocks I bet you can get the evo to ride as nice(ok pretty close) on the street as the gt-r and even better on the track. If we can find a gt-r owner this can be tested also.
I never said it was going to ride like a caddy, but i wouldnt be surprised if the suspension was adjustable with a button inside the cabin. Either way i'd still prefer the smooth powerband versus a 4 cylinder that wont hit boost until 4000+rpm.

Quote:
I don't know why you think the ac will be that big of a deal. Especially with the bigger radiator and oil cooler. I see no problem running ac, many built evo's have with no problem. We will never find out on my car because I don't use ac, so it is wasted weight and hp sitting there for maybe two times I would really say "damn I need to put the ac on". This isn't an e-battle car I am talking about. I am talking about an actual car I am building so it's pointless for me to argue the ac and try to prove it.
How many 500+hp evos have AC? Well i guess it doesnt matter since youre not using it, which already means it shouldnt be compared to the GTR.

Quote:
The car I am building is obviously a car that you wouldn't be in the market for, just like the gt-r isn't for me(after they gayed it up). Doesn't mean I can't compare it to the gt-r(price and performance wise).
You're right the GTR is obviously not for you. It does mean u cant compare it to the GTR. Why? Because you seem to think that the Evo can be better or equal than the GTR in every aspect, when in reality the Evo can only match bits and pieces.

Quote:
I am the guy who would order the gt3 with ac delete. That is just badass, I mean new car with no ac, sick. If you and I were looking at the gt3 or 997tt you would probably go 997tt for the lux and I would go gt3 for the rawness. Different strokes that is all.
Different strokes, exactly, but that still doesnt mean you can compare the Evo to a GTR.

Quote:
Again for me to try to point out that the evo could be made lux is stupid because the actual car I am going to test against a gt-r will not be lux so I can't prove it.
My point exactly. Even if you tried to make it luxurious, it wouldnt be up to par.

Quote:
You could always go mr leather interior in the evo with nav and sick stereo. Plenty of money left over use the cash to fly penske out to design a specific suspension for the car's weight yes this is completely asinine and just making a stupid point. Trying to build a car like that is stupid.
Exactly.

Quote:
My proposal is for the guy who likes the raw gt3 type cars.
I have a raw car as well, but this is an entirely different matter.

Quote:
I mean a stock evo interior is the nicest car interior I have ever owned.
Trust me, it gets A LOT better than an Evo.

Quote:
Still would love to gut it and throw a race seat in it but my wife would have my balls and my son would have no where to sit. I also personally think the gt-r seats look horrible.
I dont think the looks of a seat have much to do with comfort.

Quote:
I wasn't trying to sound all great that I am having my engine built by the top 4g63 engine builder. It definitely came off that way though, my bad. I am trying to say 68k is a TON of cash and you can go best of the best and still be less than the gt-r. You can have a full long block from cosworth, 10k triple penskies, blah, blah. Yeah if you are putting it on a civic your are stupid, but a quality chassis and you have a nice car. Any 911 chassis going back to 73, evo, skyline, etc.
My point exactly again. The way we see it, GTR vs Evo, is the way you see a Civic vs Evo comparison. Okay maybe not a fwd, but for example a 1998 Subaru Impreza L AWD. To me a GTR vs Evo comparison is as ridiculous as a impreze L vs evo comparison.

Quote:
I wasn't being condescending look at what I wrote I said you or I wouldn't pay those prices. You will have to buy replacement parts at some point, this isn't made from the gods to run forever. Just pointing out it looks like it's not going to be like zo6 replacement parts.
Your Evo isnt made to run forever too, but im sure a GTR will last way longer than your 500+hp engine. I want to see that motor run 100,000 miles without a hole in the block from a shooting rod.

Quote:
This is all crap what it comes down to is power to weight ratio. I don't care what kind of wizardry you think nissan is going to put in the car it all comes down to P/W.
You forget, my argument is that you need all that extra weight from the amenities. You estimated 3500 vs 3800 so your Evo has a 300lb advantage that is just about what the 911 has on the GTR. If that is the case then your Evo will be compared to a Porsche? come on....(keep in mind the weight added)

Eh P/W ratio for this perspective is thrown out the window since this is never going to happen, it's irrelevant.

Quote:
I raced tin tops and formula cars for a long time. 3 years in a formula car. FC formula cars are so primitive you would be amazed. Simple bike cable for throttle, rear wheel drive no abs or traction control. How can they run so fast... down force and power to weight is all that matters. The real wizard is behind the wheel and a good one doesn't need tricks. Just for reference this 30k formula car that I built ran 0:50 at lrp and I suck at driving.
What does any of this have to do with my argument?

Quote:
I know for you personally the evo is not what you would be in the market for but let's just get down to brass tacts for shits and giggles.

Both cars have similar brake setups and pads, even allow the gt-r to run similar tire compound, and lets say the gt-r stock suspension is so amazing that it is on par with double adjustable ohlins, and both cars are abs and awd with an advantage to the gt-r. It comes down to p/w.

gt-r 3800 500hp to the wheels
evo 3000 500hp to the wheels

You honestly think the gt-r will beat the evo with the same driver...
When did it get back down to 3000lbs? Add all that things you need to for the Evo to START comparing to the GTR and like you said maybe it'll weigh 3500lbs. That's what a 911 weighs and even with the 300lbs the GTR still clocked better track times. That's out the window then isnt it?

Quote:
Haha... Seriously I wish we were all sitting at a tavern or something talking about this. It would be so much easier and I know some of the things I type come off wrong, in real life it would sound different. It's hard to convey your point over the internets. I know drift took me the wrong way in real life I am sure we would have been laughing at eachother. I get in heated debates with my buddies and we say all kinds of fucked up shit and call each other everything you can think of. It's just funner that way.

Also this week long thread would have been less than 1 hr in real life. lol
I've been trying to watch what i say, not sure if ive been successful, but i dont mean to offend anyone. It would be a million times easier to do this in person, but that wont happen so the forums will have to do i guess. It's been enjoyable so far.

It's hard to explain my points over the internet, but i can see what you're trying to say. I think i understand you, but logically in my head it doesnt make sense because the two cars are in completely different classes. I wouldnt compare a GTR to a Ferrari F430, even though it has about the same power, it's pointless. The two names just dont deserve to get compared.