View Single Post
Old 10-11-2007, 05:34 PM   #90
kouki_s14
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (0)
kouki_s14 is close to perfectionkouki_s14 is close to perfectionkouki_s14 is close to perfectionkouki_s14 is close to perfectionkouki_s14 is close to perfectionkouki_s14 is close to perfectionkouki_s14 is close to perfectionkouki_s14 is close to perfectionkouki_s14 is close to perfectionkouki_s14 is close to perfectionkouki_s14 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to kouki_s14
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0100 View Post

You can't throw up a magazine or claim "not in the same class" in the real world.

That is just excuses and bitch loser talk. I will post 1/4 mile times and road course lap times in spring of next year. If the gt-r or any car for that matter is faster(and there will be plenty cars faster I am sure), I will say I lost. I am not going to say well that twin turbo zo6 cost more, or only has two seats, or I get better gas milage so I didn't really lose.

3000/500 vs 3800/500

It is NOT in the same class. Period. It is the real world, yet you seem to be the only person comparing a Evo to a GTR. They are worlds apart. It is not bitch loser excuses. You're just being hard-headed and wont accept the fact that the two cars cant be compared the way you're doing it.

You want to be a bit more fair on this debate then compare new vs new. Everything in the car has to be brand spanking new, none of this 10,000 rolling chassis crap. There are no used GTR or rolling chassis GTRs to building a Evo against, so forget that. Both cars will have that dam new car smell, okay?

So 68,000 minus 30,000 for your Evo so you get 38,000 to work with. You paid 8k for your motor builder, you got 30. Next your coilovers alone was 4 so you're already down to 26. So to start competing with a GTR performance wise you still need:

Rest of suspension components ~$3,000
- All links, bars, bushings, control arms, etc
(based aprox. off of all spl stuff for a 240)
Chassis stiffening(without cage) ~$1,000
- Foam, strut bars, misc bars
Power upgrades ~ $7,000
- Turbo, pistons, rods, rings, cams, valves, crank, springs etc
(for 500+ hp in a Mitsu 4 cylinder, you better have some good shit)
- Thick ass IC core + piping, intake, exhaust
Cooling upgrades ~ $1,000
- Radiator, hose, thermo, fans
Drivetrain upgrades ~ $5,000
- Twin/triple plate clutch, flywheel, half shafts, drives shafts, and again more halfs shafts
- Not to mention there are 3 differentials
Fuel upgrades ~ $2,000
- Injectors, rail, fpr, AN lines, pump(s), etc
Wheels + tires ~ $4,000
- TE37s can get pricey if you want 10.5 widths for the 305 tires
Bodywork/Aero - $1500
- carbon fiber crap to lighten whatever you want to
- Fender flares for your 305 tires with custom work

Thats $24,500, soooo you have $1,500 left to buy the dvd navi and get penske to rebalance your suspension. Good luck.

Okay so i went low and high on some of the components, you can then take into account LABOR. Why labor you ask? You're doing it yourself?

NO, that is not an option, the GTR was built for you by someone else, so your Evo should be built for you by someone else. Has to be fair right? Shit if i could buy the GTR in pieces, it would be way cheaper and i could put it together myself. But dammit i cant, so, once again, TO BE FAIR, the Evo should be pieced together for you as well. No lego builders allowed.

I cant believe you cant understand what EVERYONE is trying to tell you, get over it, no one cares or likes what you Evo will be against a GTR. Sorry im starting to have an attitude, but you called me out by saying we were making bitch loser talk excuses.

Just get it through your thick head that none of us are going to compare it to an Evo, built or not. We dont care, it's a different class of car and comparing it is idiotic. An Evo will never become a GTR, stop trying to make it one.