Thread: Custom V Mounts
View Single Post
Old 11-06-2007, 04:21 PM   #11
SusanR34
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (5)
SusanR34 is a name known to allSusanR34 is a name known to allSusanR34 is a name known to allSusanR34 is a name known to allSusanR34 is a name known to allSusanR34 is a name known to allSusanR34 is a name known to allSusanR34 is a name known to allSusanR34 is a name known to allSusanR34 is a name known to allSusanR34 is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to SusanR34
V Mount

Quote:
Originally Posted by azndoc View Post
I agree with Carlos about the protection thing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by azndoc View Post

Meaning that it sits out front so much that if someone was to dirt drop the radiator would be done for. Most V-mounts are set up further back towards the engine.

Also a typical V-mount set-up that I've always seen are a exact V meaning that the intercooler core and the radiator are touching creating a V shape almost, therefore trapping the incoming air and forcing it to go up towards the intercooler. There seems to be a significant gap in between your set up. Do you guys do that on purpose?

Just some questions I had.

Your set up looks clean, just not the norm that I've seen that's all.

Thanks for the props, its nice to get feed back from guys who understand the purpose of this modification. When you do alot of custom fabrication its trial and error, so I appreciate all of the input and suggestions.

On our first design we did have the radiator V'd against the intercooler, but I was afraid if he wrecked the radiator would smash into the intercooler. We moved it down so if he does hit something it drives the radiator back into the car and doesn’t destroy anything else. (This guy is a dirt queen!)

I did a lot of research on Japanese drift cars and spoke to some drivers before we starting doing this design. The Intercooler is flat due to hood and bumper fitment, almost every set up I have scene on pro cars is always this way. The radiator is angled so the air travels into the V shaped area between both components. There is nothing in that area that forces air to go anywhere else, but into the intercooler, so there is really no loss.

Looking at the pictures without the bumper it does look like its sticking out really far, but take a look at the pic of the car with the bumper, everything fits nice and its really not that low to the ground.

Cooling is unbelievable. You can hammer this set up all day, in Atlanta and Miami weather and it never gets hot!!!!

I would love to see some photos of other setups, please post if you have some! If anybody wants to do a custom design, lets do it!