View Single Post
Old 11-14-2007, 06:13 PM   #20
AceInHole
Autox Technician

Trader Rating: (0)
AceInHole is close to perfectionAceInHole is close to perfectionAceInHole is close to perfectionAceInHole is close to perfectionAceInHole is close to perfectionAceInHole is close to perfectionAceInHole is close to perfectionAceInHole is close to perfectionAceInHole is close to perfectionAceInHole is close to perfectionAceInHole is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSXRJJordan View Post
Looks similar, but couldn't be more different. NAMS is top-rate, no-expense-spared, and is sported on the fastest time attack cars in Japan - the question is not whether these pieces are as high quality as Nagisa Auto, it's whether or not these will hold up and give the adjustability that's needed ~ so far, it seems, survey says yes.
Either what you're saying is slightly off, or the pic in question isn't NAMS. The heims on the NAMS look like the same necked heims that came on my Motoria arms.... which for all intensive purposes are junk. They're probably fine as long as you take decent care of them, but I'd upgrade them given the choice.

The material on the Motoria stuff seems fine. I actually like the fact that they concentrate the threaded portion away from the bushing (which is where you'll have bushing bind resistance). I'd like to get more qualitative results when I disassemble my suspension for the winter, so if I get the chance I might take them into work and do some material testing on the rockwell tester, and FPI my RUCAs to see if the 1000 miles I've put on them has done anything.

The Motoria heims are M16x2.00 thread on everything but the S13 RUCAs. My heims are from Midwest Control Products (www.midwestcontrol.com). The heims on McMaster seem to be aimed towards industrial use. The MCP heims I bought are the DXTM "performance" heims, which I found when I saw them used on a Locost build. The DXTM-16's are rated at over 17,000 lbs, with "excellent" corrosion and wear resistance. They seem to be holding up well so far.

Regardless, KEEP YOUR HEIMS CLEAN. You can buy into the "don't boot your heims because trapped dirt causes wear", or you can boot and grease and attempt to match OEM reliability like I did.... either way: always keep an eye on your heim joints and lean them as much as possible.