View Single Post
Old 01-11-2008, 07:58 AM   #67
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Trader Rating: (1)
exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by svensko View Post
Another thing to remember is the complexity of the electronics in our cars. With a muscle car, you can drop a crate engine, tweak the carb, and have a sick set up. I'll be surprised if you can even find a stock ECU for our car in 20 years.

Muscle cars also came from the factory with HUGE displacement engines. Not a 2.4 litre truck engine. Muscle cars were sold to the most grizzly rednecks you can imagine. The 240SX was sold to moms going through a mid-life crisis that needed a cute coupe.

I never plan on selling mine but if I did I wouldn't be expecting more than $5K for it, even modified.
No one is comparing a stock 240 to a muscle car performance wise. We're talking about the fact that there are rare models out there and some of us will be willing to pony up some big cash for'em when we're 50. I for one would be willing to pay a hefty amount for a bone stock minty Lavender Frost Metallic 240 in a heart beat.