View Single Post
Old 01-30-2008, 11:33 AM   #56
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Trader Rating: (215)
drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by HemiCharger View Post
Again by looking at some of the sig lines none of you all live in europe or france. Besides the Z/ G35 cars what other Nissan is made that you would drive? Surely not the Maxima, Altima Coupe, Versa, Rouge or what? They may bring back the Silvia but it will not be what it once was. I like Nissan and always have. I was driving Nissans while most of you were in grade school so I do not want to hear about how I do not know anything about Nissan.

Lets look at it on a model basis, They once had the pulsar GTIr, NX200/2000, 240sx/ Silvia, Skyline (different models not just GTR), 300zx/ fairlady Z, bluebird, sunny, sentra se-r......

Hell the 1993 Nissan NX2000, I bought new in 1993 only had 140 hp but could out corner vettes, porsches, and vipers back in its day and it was about 1/3 the money of those cars. You want facts then here you go. Nissan lost its soul when it went to Renault, they no longer make cars focused on young people (beside the Z). I knew when they aligned themselves with Renault that Nissan would never be the same.

It kills me how people always think the grass is greener on the other side only to find out that this is not always the case.
LOL living in Europe or France WTF. We are talking about whether Chrysler/Dodge would be a good partner for Nissan/Renault. Which most of us feel it would not.
Actually if you want to get down to brass tacks, I know members of this Forum that drive Maxima's and Maxima's are still fucking damn good cars. Altima coupe? The only mistake Nissan made with that car is putting the Altima badge on it here in the states. Otherwise its a great answer to the Scion TC.
Oh and the Versa? Well when it comes down to it. Its a class leader in HP and comfort compared to the Fit and Yaris. Actually I have seen a all Black Versa with blacked out wheels and it looked pretty tough for a subcompact.

Oh you were driving Nissans while most of us were in grade school? Well that argument does not work with me because I was driving Datsun 510's and 240Z's When you were 9 years old. I was modifying them as well. I even had my own Japanese engine and transmission company before the term JDM came into vogue. Ya I am that old.

Now lets move onto to your statement of the oh so glorious days of Nissan in the mid 90s. When they were stumbling towards bankruptcy because of poor marketing decisions, cost overruns and bad management.
Your great NX in the United States was a failure and ugly to boot. Both the 240sx and Sentra SER where terribly mismarketed out of fears and bad decisions. Your bloated and over luxoed Z32 was costing to much to build for the sake of ability to sell in the marketplace besides getting its ass handed to it in the Japanese home market by the 180sx. It just never sold as well as Nissan needed it to. The fear killed the potential sales of the 240sx besides dropping a engine in it that was underpowered for the ability of the chassis.
Now do you know why Nissan dropped the S series Silvia? It had to many cost overruns for the market price segment it was supposed to be in and the company was not able to sell it because it was to expensive in its market segment. Ever wounder why there are so few S14's they were pricey for what they were and did not sell well. The S13 only sold well in the first two years of production(in the U.S.Nissans biggest market) ditto the 300zx.
Thank god the 180sx and the S13 Silvia and was a success in Japan as well as the Skyline GTR.

Funny thing is the cars you lament as no longer being around, they still have. Infiniti is Nissan. Under the Infiniti badge Nissan has some awesome cars, hmmm M45, Q45,G35.
OH wait, in case you did not know the G35 is a Skyline. Oh wait in Japan they have the Cube and they are planning on bringing it here. Oh wait they still have Bluebirds and Sunny's in Japan.

Ok, Grass is greener on the other side. Thats a poor metaphor for this debate.

Fact is, Nissan today is profitable, Their cost overruns have been eliminated.
They are bringing out updated models that are nice. They may not float your boat but when it comes right down it they are good cars. Did you know the second gen Infiniti G20 was the second most reliable car ever tested by Consumer Reports? Ya 1999-2003.

Hmmm so you don't like the cars with VQ but you like cars with VG's lol. a fucking boat anchor engine vs a lightweight HP monster, engine.

I am sorry but there were Great Nissans before the 90's and they are and will be Great Nissans now. You base your arguement on your own personel taste and not actual facts about the company.

The company is healthier today than it was ever in the 90's. They did not lose their engine design tech or the their performance tech. They learned to cut out the excess product line that was unprofitable so they could build a profitable product line. The thing you don't know is even though There is Renault tech in Nissans, Nissan's Sports car and Performance tech has eeked into Renault products. Formula Renault is based of Nissan engines. Champ cars run Nissan V8's. Formula 2 uses Nissan engines. Nissan engines were used in other Formula series as well.

Ghosn has done a bang up job of saving the company you so love. So before you go dissing Renault aka biting the hand that feeds. Maybe you should just kill yourself.

Like I said before you seem to just enjoy being a glutton for punishment.

New Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uebV1OnbRsw
Buy my mounts!
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/51531...ns-mounts.html
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/317539...e-mouts-6.html
drift freaq is offline   Reply With Quote