View Single Post
Old 01-30-2008, 12:05 PM   #57
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Trader Rating: (1)
exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Wow. Just wow. I missed out on this whole thing. I could go on for days, but like normal, Mr. Drift Freaq sums shit up real nice. So I'll touch on the deal between Nissan and Chrysler,

Chrysler is in SHAMBLES right now. BESIDES the Charger and 300C they have a terrible portfolio. Go search for my "Industry" thread to read further.

Did you know that the Hemi is going bye-bye again? Yea, that's right. It's being replaced by a V6. Co-President Jim Press has declared, "The Hemi is not the powertrain of the future.".

With that being said, Nissan teaming up with Chrysler to build a full-size truck is a brilliant idea. The new Tundra has sold well, but not well enough. And Toyota still hasn't been able to engineer a heavy Duty truck. If this deal goes together Nissan will the first Import brand to be able to offer a real heavy duty full-size truck. It still won't outsell the Tundra, but at least they'll have a valid competitor. The Titan only sold 65,746 units last yea, but a deal like this I can see making a huge impact and maybe even matching that of the Tundra's 196,555 units. It's also smart for Chrysler. They were number 4 last year and the more they can spread the truck out the more profitable it will be.