Thread: V8 240sx FAQ
View Single Post
Old 02-07-2008, 08:29 PM   #369
chitosdr
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
chitosdr is making a name for him/her selfchitosdr is making a name for him/her self
Quote:
Originally Posted by Risu2112 View Post
Yay! another question,

Again with my S13 hatchback LS1 swap, Regarding the exhaust, I will be attempting to certify and legalize the swap for CA smog law, this means I will be starting with the factory headers & cats, after the cats though I'm trying to figure out what my best option will be, Have the pipes "Y" together and exit single muffler with say 3" piping out the driver side? is that going to be enough diameter considering the pipe is coming together? Or should I Have the pipes " Y " together then " Y " back apart to dual exhaust? For smog reasons the pipes need to come together after the cats, they can split up again after that though.

Long story short, does any one have any piping configuration or diameter recommendations? Also how much clearance do I stand to lose if I run a pipe out the passenger side too? If I go dual exhaust it sure will look cool, but will it actually help with the flow at all? Keep in mind, my flow is going to be at least for now seriously restricted by the factory headers..

thanks! >.>
I'm still using the factory headers into a single 3" Y-pipe into a single 3" high flow cat and single 3" cat back exhaust. I do want headers eventually, but I am happy with the current power output with this setup. True duals will flow better, but the extra cost for the 15-25 hp is just not worth it to me right now. You could try doing a mild port job on the manifolds, just do a gasket port match. Anyways, good luck with the smog.
chitosdr is offline   Reply With Quote