View Single Post
Old 02-26-2008, 10:18 AM   #49
DaPCWiz
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
DaPCWiz has a reputation beyond reputeDaPCWiz has a reputation beyond reputeDaPCWiz has a reputation beyond reputeDaPCWiz has a reputation beyond reputeDaPCWiz has a reputation beyond reputeDaPCWiz has a reputation beyond reputeDaPCWiz has a reputation beyond reputeDaPCWiz has a reputation beyond reputeDaPCWiz has a reputation beyond reputeDaPCWiz has a reputation beyond reputeDaPCWiz has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DaPCWiz Send a message via MSN to DaPCWiz Send a message via Yahoo to DaPCWiz
Most recent ticket was for no front plates... but that's not a moving violation.

Last moving violation... I was on my way home from a meet with a buddy in the car. Empty highway 2 am at night. My buddy kept wanting me to peg the speedo, but I wasn't really in the mood, so I was cruising 85-90 mph (65 zone). Shouldn't have been going that fast, but I was.

Cop comes up behind me w/o his lights on, and follows me. I change lanes, he changes behind me. Doesn't put it lights on just keeps riding my ass. I change lanes a few times he stays on my ass and does the same. At this point I'm going like 65 mph and I'm like wtf either pull me over or stop playing games. I get over in the slow lane and drop to like 50 mph and finally he pulls me over.

First he yells at me telling me I didn't pull over at a good place (pulled over on a perfectly good shoulder), so he makes me get back on the highway, and follows me with his lights on for another half mile till I find another shoulder.

After that, he takes my paperwork and asks me how fast I was going. I tell him 85. He says try again. I tell him I know I didn't cross 90. He tells me I was going 100 mph... I def wasn't. He didnt' even catch me on radar, he just told me he was following me and he was going 100.. bs. I get into a verbal argument with the officer (mistake). He accuses me of having weapons in my car. wtf?! Makes me and my buddy like stick our hands out the windows and visually searches the car with his flash light. My back seat is dropped down at this point, so he can see all my wiring and audio equipment which wasn't super cleanly installed at the time.

He gives me a ticket for going 100 in a 65 and wreckless driving. All for going down an empty highway at 90 mph. bs. Would have been like 10 points + damn near $1000 in fines.

I got a lawyer and got that silliness dropped. Ended up paying $200 in fines and got 80 in a 65 on my record.

Lesson learned... don't argue with a state trooper.

http://blog.dapcwiz.com
DaPCWiz is offline   Reply With Quote