View Single Post
Old 03-05-2008, 06:52 PM   #3
TheS14project
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (5)
TheS14project has a reputation beyond reputeTheS14project has a reputation beyond reputeTheS14project has a reputation beyond reputeTheS14project has a reputation beyond reputeTheS14project has a reputation beyond reputeTheS14project has a reputation beyond reputeTheS14project has a reputation beyond reputeTheS14project has a reputation beyond reputeTheS14project has a reputation beyond reputeTheS14project has a reputation beyond reputeTheS14project has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to TheS14project
More pics as requested. This is farther along then this, but have to wait for people to reply to add more....lol

May 9th, 2007

One step closer to total chaos.

Ok, so the entire sheet metal structure is in place and sheet metal screwed together. Im going to be taking it over to Donnies(Red 350z) place this weekend. Hes going to weld the chassis back together and then its sand/grind the bay and get ready for paint. Then after thats done the motor can finally go in the damn car....lol...It was so nice to see the car outside today for a change, last time it was out it was snowing and it had a horrible fabrication job on the front end from the previous owner as most of you know.

August 11th-August 23rd, 2007

Well due to the extreme heat and plus how backed up donnie is, working on my car isnt really high on the priority list. Paying jobs always come first, then when we have time to work on our own cars we do so. However this week of heat hasnt helped much at all.........until now.

I asked my buddy Jay if he would come over and give me a hand with the car last night, donnie had some family plans but it seemed like it was going to be a awesome night to get some work done, and it turned out that way. The car is super duper welded now. Except for the lower radiator support but I have to bolt up a few parts to make sure of the angle before welding.

So now I have shit tons of grinding and sanding to do, then its seam sealer time and hopefully painting the engine bay soon. I appreciate Jay coming over and welding last night. It was a tremendous help and took alot of the worry off my mind that I had of the car getting done. For those who know me, I tend to over stress when it comes to my cars.

I dont know If Ive said this or not, and if i have Im going to say it again. This really couldnt of all been possible without the help of "The Don" Ive learned alot from him just being around and watching him work.

Ok so the front end is done and needs to be grinded so I can seam seal it and then paint the engine bay. Once thats done, the heart of the beast will be transplanted.

The front end is off of donnies silvia, I used it for mock up since my kouki hood is at home.

The large gaps in the factory structure have been welded up. I even used a 2in. wide by 1/8in. thick piece of metal to reinforce the frame rail to the structure to give it a bit more stiffness and support to the strut tower braces.

For those who havent read this build thread this is the nightmare that I started with when I bought the car.

Before

Now

September 16th, 2007

So my buddy Wheatley and Aaron came over last night to help me finish out the minor welding that needed to be touched up. We also stripped the motor down of all the things I wasnt going to use on it and put it in the car as a test fit. Im happy to say that all of the mounts line up perfectly and its not as hammered against the fire wall as I thought it was going to be. However Radiator clearance is pretty tight.

Matt and Aaron molesting my motor.

Seat Belts used as Engine straps....FTW!

Next is to bolt up the downpipe and catback to make sure everything fits properly, then its time to take the motor back out, paint the bay, and the reinstall the motor and start the wiring procedure.

October 22nd, 2007

Now for this weekends updates. I finished the rest of the seam sealing, and man is that shit messy. Ive got to go back over and clean some of the crap up, but it turned out and covered very well. During the spare time I had while waiting on the seam seal to dry, I installed my Circuit Sports spin knob, and a few other odds and ends, then once it was all dry I started to mock-up the front end since I forgot I didnt have any mixing cups to mix my primer in....lol

Ok, now for the boring seam seal pics. Yawn!

Install of the spin knob.

Ive had this on for awhile now, but forgot to add some pics. Circuit Sports Steering Eliminator Bushing

Ok so since all the crap was done. I decided since I didnt have any cups, I still needed to get the front end fabbed up. It fits up better then I thought, but my driver fender needs some work. Im going to call Race-On and see if its something that can be exchanged, if not Ill just work with it.

Ok for those who havent seen or are aware of the cars colors. The car will be two toned, black roof, decklid, carbon hood, and the engine bay. That color is House of Kolor - Sparkling Black Pearl.

Also thinking of painting my Nardi Wheel to match.

The entire rest of the car will be painted Fire Pepper Pearl Metallic with House of Kolor Radiant Red Flake. The pics do not do the red justice, its a deep blood/maroon red. Goes very well with the House of Kolor flake.

Not to mention I have everything I need in order to get this car painted. You name it, I have it. Now all I have to do is get the thing ready to paint.