View Single Post
Old 03-23-2008, 09:21 PM   #321
racepar1
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (106)
racepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigOdom1 View Post
most people have daily driver 240sx not track 240sx. im trying for the best mix between both but i have a daily driver for incase the 240 is down. with that said; most people want a really nice and reliable daily so they avoid the track or spend lots of money on parts they want instead of spending it on track time.
The reason people are afraid to track their daily's is because they don't properly maintain them. I have seen it a million times. A guy buys a used car to modify and immediately starts stacking parts in the closet. Meanwhile the car leaks every fluid from everywhere, needs a MAJOR tune-up, and is just generally falling apart. Then said guy goes ahead and installs all those "shiny objects" thinking that his car will be dope afterwards. Really all he ends up with is a piece of shit car with a few shiny objects. Before you buy one single "shiny" part for your car do the maintenance. Do a COMPLETE tune-up, clean the MAF, fix ALL the leaks, new belts, new hoses, change ALL the fluids with better stuff, etc..... The FIRST upgrade on any car that is intended for high performance useage should be bushings, the second should be shocks, and the third should be brake pads. After that go to the track and upgrade the driver. I STILL daily my 240 half the time. Even with 180+k on the stock engine and trans and a complete lack of anything resembling an interior. I track it too! Why can I get away with that? Because absolutely EVERY SINGLE maintenance item has been performed and is regularly checked. My car is on the rack and inspected at least once a week. That is why I can beat the living shit out of it at the track and formerly in the canyons and still daily it.
racepar1 is offline   Reply With Quote