View Single Post
Old 03-31-2008, 10:04 PM   #328
WhiteGLX
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (7)
WhiteGLX is a name known to allWhiteGLX is a name known to allWhiteGLX is a name known to allWhiteGLX is a name known to allWhiteGLX is a name known to allWhiteGLX is a name known to allWhiteGLX is a name known to allWhiteGLX is a name known to allWhiteGLX is a name known to allWhiteGLX is a name known to allWhiteGLX is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to WhiteGLX Send a message via Yahoo to WhiteGLX
welp here is the bad news then....

Through my track time on friday and saturday i had a few issues show up on track with my engine. Lower rad hose popped off halfway through friday on track, fun experience. Popped the hood to show large coolant mess (to be expected) and large oil mess on drivers side of engine.

after cleanup and refill of coolant, no oil leaks of anyind decide to show up (weird) and coolant will no pressurize to the point of popping off with engien at 5k rpm while parked in the paddock. So i go out on track saturday morning everythign is fine. Then i go out again and decide to pit eary just to check on everything, sure as hell the oil mess is back and a coolant hose is almost popped off again, wait for the engine to cool down, release the rad cap.....HUGE burst of air comes out....

I am bleeding boost into the cooling system, which is why the problem is only presistant on track while engine is under load. And the oil leak occurs when the coolant system get sooo pressurized that the extra pressure affects teh oil system somehow and bleeds oil out from under the exhaust manifold.

SOOOOOO new headgasket, new ARP headstuds (to be safe), and Headchecking to be sure of no cracks or warpage. Gimme like 2 weeks and ill be up and running again ready for my many other tracks events at Summit Point, VIR and Mid-Ohio to come this year.

due to the massive amount of down time and troubleshooting i didnt bother installing te traqmate since my times were just me getting used to the car firsthing friday and driving in the ran on saturday. Next events will be better once hte pressure problems are all fixed. I am thinking cosworth headgasket with the arpheadstuds....or Apexi 0.8mm....one or the other.

***NASA HPDE Instructor***
WhiteGLX is offline   Reply With Quote