Thread: Best Burger!!
View Single Post
Old 04-02-2008, 02:42 PM   #79
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (6)
ronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfection
hmmm if it was the best burger period, that would have been interesting. best chain burger, I would prob have to go with the Chilli's peppercorn burger if they still have it. not too bad for $7 or so. fries are decent too.

usually my fav type is w/ swiss cheese (preff gruyere), shrooms, and caramelized onions. medium rare. no mayo, bbq, or thousand island sauce. thin fries, if done well also score extra pts. just like a good steak, if the meat is of good quality and cooked well, you really shouldn't smother it with too much sauce imho.

if its a matter of gourmet burger then
-julienne's, but has steak fries which i dont care for (in pasedena, socal)
-Mo's (in san francisco, not the one in burbank althought thats not bad either)
-4-seasons hotel coffee shop (in san francisco, around the touristy downtown area close to the tenderloin)
-Pete's cafe, scores extra for killer garlic fries (downtown LA, socal).

after reading this thread, im tempted to find Father's Office in Santa Monica, CA and the Houston's chain (had some suprisgly good pork chops at their Century City, CA location there recently). Also tempted to try out the $80 burger at the beverly hills hotel. I've always been interested and live 10 mins away, but never bothered b/c of the price.