View Single Post
Old 04-15-2008, 10:42 PM   #1
Andrew Bohan
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
Andrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfection
holding the door (rant)

ok, so first, i'm all for holding the door for ladies and shit, so don't even start with that.

whenever i go somewhere with a door like this:

i use the right side. why? because that's how things work. we drive on the right so why not make it consistent and walk on the right? when i pass people on the sidewalk it's usually on the right. sometimes double doors are even labeled in and out, with out on the left and in on the right. sometimes the doors are labeled out on the right and in on the left, and i have seen this actually confuse people when they are automatic doors and they try to go in on the right but there's no sensor, so i know it's not just me who likes to be on the right.

now occasionally i'll be entering or leaving some store, and as i'm approaching, someone holds open the left door for me. i guess i'm kind of rude when i open my own right door and make it so he held the door open for nothing. i'm ok opening my own door and staying on the right, thanks.

and sometimes i go out the right door, and there is someone on the other side waiting to come in that door since i already opened it. why would you wait for me to come out just to take advantage of my open door, when you could open your own door a few seconds earlier? are you really that lazy? it's not just old people. it's regular healthy people who are strong enough to open doors.

today i went to the gym, and when i opened the right door, the chick who was approaching from the other side changed her course toward her door (left from my point of view) to come out the door i was holding. why would you do that? if i was going to be a gentleman and hold the door, i'd hold YOUR door. she goes "thanks!" and walks off. then the 5 people following her came out my door too. STOP THAT. THERE'S A WHOLE OTHER DOOR FOR YOU TO GO OUT THAT NO ONE IS USING. GO OUT THAT DOOR AND LET ME FUCKING COME INTO THE GYM. LAZY ASSES.

Last edited by Andrew Bohan; 04-16-2008 at 11:46 AM..
Andrew Bohan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links