View Single Post
Old 04-19-2008, 04:50 PM   #355
racepar1
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (106)
racepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firestorm View Post
i've got a question to ask, i mounted my wheels today and i noticed on full lock my tire rubs against the tension rod. the other way round it doesn't even come near the wheel well. wheels in front are 8.5x17 offset 30, tire is a 235/40R17. so, could this be because of the offset or due to my castor being way off since i installed aftermarket tension rods?

either way, will an alignment get this fixed or do i need spacers? i planned on running 5mm spacers, hope that will be enough to clear coils as well as tension rods, etc.
It may be that your steering rack is not centered properly. Count the turns from center to lock in either direction. If there is a noticeable difference in the position of the steering wheel when it is locked in either direction then your rack is not centered. A LOT of mechanics are too lazy or inept to properly center the rack as it can be a bitch if you don't get it right the first time.
racepar1 is offline   Reply With Quote