Thread: sr swap
View Single Post
Old 02-19-2003, 02:51 AM   #8
mixedwell
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
mixedwell is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to mixedwell
hey kids! its your favorite dj, mixedwell! yay! okay anyways i've actually had the chance to help my friends at motoRex build a 450+ hp Silvia S15 w/ six speed transmisson. now contrary (is that spelled right?) to belif, the six speed transmission was actually holding up nicely. now our reason for doing all this was just to see how fast we can get the s15 to go. the tranny had stock gear ratio and even stock clutch (but not for long). now all i can say is that the s15 6speed trans can hold alot of power. that 350 hp thing sounds ludicruious to begin with. there. i know from experience. in fact i win.

on another note, i belive the S13 SR20DETs are great SRs. although they do lack the VTC that people are so happy in ditching. but if you ask me i think the s14 SR20DETs are the best. well, if you put it inside a s13/s14 240sx. for power to relibility is concerened, a nice s14SR w/ GReedy FMIC, BOV, and boost control. set at 10 psi and you have one nice fast SR20det. thats just my 2 cents.

ps- when we built the s15, we didnt sacrafice the VTC. we didnt want to mess with it in the first place.

holla
-mixedwell