View Single Post
Old 04-27-2008, 11:43 PM   #3
SinisterSntra91
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
SinisterSntra91 is close to perfectionSinisterSntra91 is close to perfectionSinisterSntra91 is close to perfectionSinisterSntra91 is close to perfectionSinisterSntra91 is close to perfectionSinisterSntra91 is close to perfectionSinisterSntra91 is close to perfectionSinisterSntra91 is close to perfectionSinisterSntra91 is close to perfectionSinisterSntra91 is close to perfectionSinisterSntra91 is close to perfection
Factory sound deadening removal via dry ice:

Uncovered some bad spots on the floor boards:

The start of the removal of the rust:

The dumb chit I have to fix:

The rear view:

Air view:

Seals removed for the next phase:

Some of you weight concerned people will hate this others may like it....

You know that Ford truck commercial where they boast about there quietness of their interior due in part to the "heat activated foam" inside the dead areas of the car? I can do that too and my "heat activated foam" is aka Great Stuff, about 12 cans to be exact. Take that Ford.
Here are some pics of the mess, I would highly recommend having no interior while doing this chit gets everywhere! These are pics after the foam has cured, I forgot my camera when I went to inject everything.

This should take care of the roof rattle I have seen alot of S14 guys complain about.

Great stuff is easliy trimmed/broken away so all your interior pieces can be put back in or if your interior is gutted for cleanliness. You dont have to worry much about weight as it is super light. It also is a sealent so it has its advantages in stopping rust from forming in places we cant get to if we tried. I went ahead and did this for all of the above reasons and I wanted to do it before the car gets blasted to keep glass bead from getting into areas I cant vacume out.
Here are some pics of the clean up:

Everything trimmed and the interior gutted free of everything:

This is just the first phase of my noise control, I absolutely hate road noise, and since this will in no way be a track car, I am not to concerned about a little added weight to quiet down the cabin.

Last edited by SinisterSntra91; 05-12-2008 at 06:19 PM..