View Single Post
Old 04-29-2008, 05:58 PM   #25
SinisterSntra91
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
SinisterSntra91 is close to perfectionSinisterSntra91 is close to perfectionSinisterSntra91 is close to perfectionSinisterSntra91 is close to perfectionSinisterSntra91 is close to perfectionSinisterSntra91 is close to perfectionSinisterSntra91 is close to perfectionSinisterSntra91 is close to perfectionSinisterSntra91 is close to perfectionSinisterSntra91 is close to perfectionSinisterSntra91 is close to perfection
Small update:
I went to see a customer of mine who is going to let me use his blast booth for my car to see how well his bead blasting will strip the under coating of the car and the interior, so I took the rusted portion of the floor board that I cut out and he let me blast it and I was pleased with the results:

Interior side before:

After:

Underside before:

After:

As you can see the bead blast takes it down to bare metal nicely, it leaves a smooth finish do to it being a fine grain. The interior will be no sweat to strip as the paint is thin, and due to the fine grain it will lightly strip the factory caulk/seam sealent that nissan uses which is great because I didnt want to remove that stuff completely. The underside will take a little time to do, but he said once I get her completely stripped down he will let me get into his shop on the weekends and go to town. I know its not exciting information, but I am a dork and it excites me, lol.