View Single Post
Old 05-20-2008, 11:59 AM   #128
timster
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
timster is making a name for him/her selftimster is making a name for him/her selftimster is making a name for him/her self
Quote:
Originally Posted by racepar1 View Post
Why do you think it is so difficult to make 200 hp with a KA? Do a mild build on the bottom end, get it balanced and blueprinted, spend the REAL money on the head/intake manifold, get a good ECU and get it tuned well, and just the normal bolt ons from there (intake, exhaust, headers, etc...), and there is your 200hp. It's not that complicated, you just have to pick the right cams and get a good tune. Most people who build KA's for 240's are doing budget builds, not full builds. That is why you do not see very many 200+ hp KA's. Not because it is really complicated or terribly difficult, but because people like YOU do not think that it is worth it. If you don't like it and would rather spend your money on a golden turd SR then go ahead and do it. Just shut the fuck up about things that you don't really know about. If you really think that a GT3 spec KA is the ultimate KA and it can't get better than that you are an idiot. They are restricted to only the singlecam (which doesn't flow as good as the DE), they are restricted on the throttlebody bore size that they run, and they are restricted to stockish bore and stock stroke. Without those restrictions I am willing to bet that you could push 400hp out of a N/A ka with a huge budget.
By then it's not much of a KA anymore.. so why do it, unless you're a crazy KA fanboi. Even with that amount of work you can have a different engine that will perform better, and far more reliably, for a cheaper cost. But whatever, do what you will.

Lol and you guys fail for the negative repping. I'm not entitled to express my opinions? At least I don't throw around a slew of swear words like a few of you scholars.

Last edited by timster; 05-20-2008 at 12:37 PM..
timster is offline   Reply With Quote