Thread: JGY Customs
View Single Post
Old 05-30-2008, 02:56 AM   #3
91SuperS13
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
91SuperS13 is an unknown quantity at this point
I would have to agree. JGY is a piss-poor shop.

I ordered front and rear Whiteline adjustable sways from them. The rear kit came complete, but the front kit was missing the D-bushings that attach to the chasis.

I called JGY initially asking if they could send the bushings missing from my kit. Their response was to re-use the OEM bushings. JGY claimed that the D-bushings were never included in the kit and that I wasn't missing anything. I was a bit skeptical, but just for good measure I tried the OEMs and they did not fit.

I called agian, they repeated the same thing. Saying that the OEM bushings were to be re-used on the kit. Not only that, but they even said that they got that information from Whiteline directly. I told them that the OEMs didn't fit, but they stuck to their guns. The guys at JGY indicated that they had no extras, and there was no way to source them. Needless to say, I was beginning to get irritated. I then looked around on my own to find a 27mm bushing that would work with the Whiteline bars. Found a few, but they were too big for the D-bracket that holds the bushings in place.

I called again, this time Jason himself (Jason Garrett Young) got on the phone. He again told me to re-use the OEM bushings, and that when it came down to it I could even use duct tape to hold the bars in place. ?!?!?!Duct Tape?!?!?! Are you F*#&%@$ kidding me?

I needed a week to calm down, so I waited and called again. Little did I know the worst was still to come.

When I called again, right away, Jason was put on the phone and the first thing out of his mouth was, "we would like you to stop calling about the bushings." I told them that I wasn't until I got what I paid for. Jason got an attitude with me and started cutting me off when I was talking. When I did the same to him, he accused me of being rude and not really wanting help because I was talking when he was talking. This happened back and forth until Jason asked to speak to my mother! EXCUSE ME?!?!?!? I lost it after that. He tried to cut me off again while I was talking, and I damn near had to start yelling on the phone so that he would stop running his yap and let me finish a centence.

The end result of the conversation was that Jason very sarcasticly wrote Whiteline an email (with me on the phone) letting them know about the situation.

Whiteline responded the same day and acutally contradicted everything that JGY claimed Whiteline told them. Whiteline said that the polyurethane bushing was specificly designed to work with their kit, and that a Whiteline bushing was needed for proper fitment. Not only that, but Whiteline stressed that all replacement bushings were included in the kits. Whitleine even told him that he should have called the distributer to help me out.

**Little did Jason know, but I had contacted Whiteline on my own, and already knew what they told him when they replied to his email. Not only that, Whiteline set me up to get a set of bushings directly from their North American distributer Global Performance Parts.**

Jason actually reponded to Whitelines email saying that their email made him look bad.

I'd say he does that just fine on his own....

JGY gets a big from me. And they also get a big for being dicks!

Never again....
91SuperS13 is offline   Reply With Quote