View Single Post
Old 06-03-2008, 07:54 AM   #198
irax
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (4)
irax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to irax
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigVinnie View Post
For what a transverse murano, altima, or Maxima engine? Those engines dont even use the same cams.
they don't thats why there is all sorts of power ranges and gas milage ranges.
you can swap out cams from any engine and matched with the right ecu it will make more power, but if your going that far why not just build a vq from the ground up.

My maxima engine produces 265~ wheel hp with just headers and 350z intake.
When my swap is done, if it makes 250whp i will be very happy because a tuned ecu is only $500 that increases hp and mpg and all the little things that I would add on as well like a plenum spacer, intake, and exhaust 275whp doesn't seem like a hurtle at all. Again considering its going through more drive train than fwd. But it will limit you to only intake cam variable lift but if you want to go all out power your better off starting off with a RWD block that has the intake and exhaust phasers anyways.

but for the most part, fwd blocks with ~10k-40k are found as cheap as KA with ~100k miles. The parts needed to convert for use with RWD are easy to find as well and can often be found for cheap since 350z guys buy upgrades and practically throw stock parts away.

If any mod could be as so kind as to cut this VQ talk out of this thread and into its own, I would appreciate it.