View Single Post
Old 06-12-2008, 10:54 AM   #81
s14unimog
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (22)
s14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to s14unimog
HAHA these are some really funny stories, I can't believe the thread is still going.

This all spawned from a goofy calender I got for Christmas. lol.

Since posting this I got pulled over doing 50 in a 25. Unfortunately it was on an awesome spring day and I was having a blast dragging my knee around the previous turns. When I came out of the last turn onto the straight I centered up and let out of the throttle(I don't enjoy blasting around on a bike in a straight line). The UGA police man was sitting down behind a railing next to the creek, completely out of sight I might add, so I waved as I passed ,at about 30mph, b/c I thought there was no way he was going to bother me. Well sure enough he caught up to me and explained that I was doing 51MPH in a 25 zone, writing me a very legible ticket (He had very nice hand writing). Once the court date came around, I pleaded not guilty and went to court. I discussed the situation with my lawyer and we both thought this wouldn't be an issue, so I went alone; big mistake. Judge Geise decided on that day she was not in the mood to hear it. I threw everything I could at the officer and prosecutor I found in my research; in regards to a mistake on the officers end. Even though my attempt DID get the radar evidence thrown out, I was still convicted of speeding. The prosecutor argued that the officer was quite capable of judging speed on sight alone, and was confident that he could do it within 1MPH. At that point I was loosing confidence in our court system and the judge was not interested in hearing my rebuttal. I was given a fine that day of $400 and I had to complete a defensive driving class within the month. I turned to the officer shook his had and said, "you can't get away with everything you do illegal, ride safe." (he was a motorcycle policeman). I paid my fine that day with a smile and walked out. They had won this one...

SHIFTlock_slide to side

d3m3rs0n: if i have a baby im naming it Brandons Fault Emerson
s14unimog is offline   Reply With Quote