View Single Post
Old 06-22-2008, 03:20 PM   #24
rightcoastimports
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (15)
rightcoastimports has a reputation beyond reputerightcoastimports has a reputation beyond reputerightcoastimports has a reputation beyond reputerightcoastimports has a reputation beyond reputerightcoastimports has a reputation beyond reputerightcoastimports has a reputation beyond reputerightcoastimports has a reputation beyond reputerightcoastimports has a reputation beyond reputerightcoastimports has a reputation beyond reputerightcoastimports has a reputation beyond reputerightcoastimports has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrG_RPS13 View Post
Nothing changed between 07 and 08 aside from the colour schemes..

I'm currently on a 06 Gixxer 1000. It's my 3rd bike and it needs a lot of respect let me tell you. Not a bike I'd recommend for a 1st timer at all!! You get a litre bike and there is a 90% chance you won't be around after 3 months.

From your list of bikes the gixxer is the most streetable and is also the fastest overall. fact. But, although it's a great bike it's not for you - not yet.

Have you looked at the Hyosung GT650R? If you are looking at a big bike and you think you'll upgrade eventually then this is a good option. It's not as expensive as the main stream bikes, yet it's a very nice ride and a nice bike overall.

Else get a 600 in any of the brands you suggested. The gixxers are all new in 08. Greaat bikes and really look the part.

Get some rider training.

ACTUALLY, the 08 gixxer is different. It may look similar but it not the same bike. The headlight is different, tail, exhaust, and many other small things. Also the engine has been slightly modified.

I bought used gsxr 600 for my first bike.. I currently have an 07 750 which i love. For a first bike I would get a 600 and learn to master it before getting cocky and buying something bigger.

And always gear up.. even if its hot out. I have lost friends on bikes from improper safety.