View Single Post
Old 08-03-2008, 09:09 PM   #14
GSXRJJordan
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (19)
GSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to GSXRJJordan
I bought my S14 with no interior at all (except for beat dash), and have proceeded to make it more comfortable. As stated, the biggest problem is heat - especially if you're turbocharged. I gold-foiled the firewall, all the way down to the bottom, but it's still not enough - the heat of the exhaust makes the driver's side of the tranny tunnel about 20* hotter than the passenger side.

The next problem is road noise. I don't mind engine noise, but road noise is simply fatiguing. Sadly, the only solution is weight, weight, and more weight... all teh best sound absorption materials are heavy. Putting Dynamat/etc over the floor, tranny tunnel, rear deck, etc would add probably 50 lbs, and cost hundreds and hundreds. I'm currently looking into a combination of a paint-on deadener (eDead from Elemental Designs) and something like Dynamat, but don't want to lay out the cash at the moment.

Don't strip your interior because you think it's 'cool'. It's not. People like interior.

Don't take the AC out "just because". I still have the HVAC stuff inside (under the dash) because I intend to put AC into my track car.

Jordan Innovations has a new web site!
www.JordanInnovations.com -- All your favorite FD Pro Drifters love it, trust me -- www.JordanInnovations.com
GSXRJJordan is offline   Reply With Quote