View Single Post
Old 04-02-2003, 12:53 AM   #29
DoriftoSlut
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (0)
DoriftoSlut is a splendid one to beholdDoriftoSlut is a splendid one to beholdDoriftoSlut is a splendid one to beholdDoriftoSlut is a splendid one to beholdDoriftoSlut is a splendid one to beholdDoriftoSlut is a splendid one to beholdDoriftoSlut is a splendid one to beholdDoriftoSlut is a splendid one to beholdDoriftoSlut is a splendid one to beholdDoriftoSlut is a splendid one to beholdDoriftoSlut is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to DoriftoSlut
Quote:
Originally posted by JRTurbo909

Dude, I bet it would look pretty pimp if you set it up like the pic but placed it REAL close to the hood and just cut a rectangle out of your stock hood so it exposed all the fins and stuff.... I dont know.... maybe not. Im tired.....
Jeff, lok at koguchi's green car set up. It is pretty damn efficient when set up corectly, but it should be noted what is needed/used for it. RSMax FRP vented hood (lots of louvres, sits right over the TMIC) angled radiator, ducting (possible fans to draw air through), angled hood at the rear (spacers on the hinges) coupled with an air deflector to rid the windshield crease area of the high pressure that would negate the aerodynamics and effects of a popped hood.

Think: little spoiler thing that goes along rear edge of hood. When it is popped up, the deflector deflects air up to the middle of the windshield and it then gets carried over the roof of the car to the rear. This allows the hot gas/air from the turbo and manifold and valvecover to exit between the hood bottom and the windshield. Without the deflector, the outside air would get pushed down into the engine bay and carry the hot air towards the nose. That woud not be a horrible thing if you have a vented hood (check), but since the vents are being used for the TMIC and radiator ducting job, they are not open for that hot air now. Enter the deflector (koguchi invention) porblem solved for him.

Now that I think about it, Koguchi's front air dam is split in the middle, and I think his radiator may be angled opposite his IC. The IC's air comes directly from outside, gets ducted ONLY through the TMIC, and then out the vents. The lower deflected air gets drawn through the radiator (possible fan usage) and towards the bottom of the car (ground) and exists underneath the car.

In an amatuerly set up TMIC I can see it being counter productive, but NOT in this case. No radiator blockage, no heatsinking, added cooling (air exiting under hood and up/over windshield) and so on.... Best set up I have seen on an S-chassis (no JGTC). It reminds me of an FD3S setup that is very popular b/c of all the room they have in front of their engines.

www.pinkgodzira.com
www.driftalliance.com
DoriftoSlut is offline   Reply With Quote