View Single Post
Old 09-01-2008, 12:14 PM   #22
tt99ol
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (8)
tt99ol has a reputation beyond reputett99ol has a reputation beyond reputett99ol has a reputation beyond reputett99ol has a reputation beyond reputett99ol has a reputation beyond reputett99ol has a reputation beyond reputett99ol has a reputation beyond reputett99ol has a reputation beyond reputett99ol has a reputation beyond reputett99ol has a reputation beyond reputett99ol has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to tt99ol
Quote:
Originally Posted by gotta240 View Post
I knw ANYTHING Tim WISSAS does is very well thought out and calculated. With that being said, why is the main hoop so far from the car where the two upper bends are.? (where the roof meets the rear quarter windows......very upper left most part of cage in picture)

Ideally, wouldn't those two points hug the car like the rest of the cage? Dont get me wrong, not bashing at all. Just wondering what the reasoning is behind this so I will be better prepared to build my own cage. I plan on making it as tight to the car as possible unless i hear a reason not to.
if you look closer it is because he used gussets to attach the cage to the b-pillars, and its alot easier to weld in gussets with some room, plus gussets are much stronger than having the cage near the chassis because they make the cage part of the chassis