View Single Post
Old 09-27-2008, 08:50 PM   #18
Def
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (16)
Def is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfection
Steering effort builds up much quicker with higher caster numbers.

I ran my rack with a very minimal amount of fluid and the lines run to a breather, which I imagine feels pretty close to this. It's not that bad, even in parking lots, but on track when the car is really loaded up it definitely gave me a workout. It was enough to where I'd be a little tired at the end of a track day after fighting the steering around every lap.

The car is much easier to drive at the limit with PS just because you can make corrections with a much lighter feel than all that effort on the wheel.

This was with 245/40s on 17x9's up front. The effort when you're at the limit of the tires is similar to trying to turn the wheels at about 1 mph in a parking lot - it's quite a bit. Off center it wasn't bad at all.

The effort was also enough to wear out my stock steering wheel that was in perfect shape before that. Delaminated the material from the steel ring.
Def is offline   Reply With Quote