View Single Post
Old 10-05-2008, 12:38 AM   #65
blu808
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
blu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to blu808
milesprwr: I would check all your vacume lines, and intake tube for any leaks. Is your check engine light on? If so I would replace the 2 wire temp sensor which is located on the water neck. That one tells the ecu when its warm. The single wire one next to that is for your gauge.

Dlo eric: Thanks.

Im willing to bet that if you bought a cheap volt meter and hooked it up directly to your battery and drove around you would find your voltage dropping below 10 volts when that problem is occurring. I would bet that your alternator is slowly dieing out. and over time the voltage keeps dropping. An sr uses more and more energy at higher load (rpm) levels, and if the voltage drops too low the coil pack cannot fire the spark plug.

Let me know.
Luke