View Single Post
Old 04-28-2003, 03:26 PM   #1
Rennen
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
Rennen will become famous soon enoughRennen will become famous soon enoughRennen will become famous soon enough
Monopolistic Bastards can burn in HELL!

Its rant time!

This week I have tried to download some windows media movies on three separate occasions, each time they came up with no picture or sound. So I figured there was an update from version 7 out there, here is what I discovered.

http://zdnet.com.com/2100-1104-957704.html

It seems that in its infinite wisdom that Microsoft has chosen to incorporate media player into its OS and not make it available for any other platform than XP.

Quote:

"Microsoft continues tying new products such as Media Player to the OS," he said. "They are 'commingling' the player so deep into Windows, the two cannot be separated. This is an intentional programming strategy. Technically, software can be programmed to be standalone, making it separate from the OS and uninstallable. However, that would be bad for (Microsoft's) business."
I don't know how many people on this board like to have the freedom to choose software. But this severely ****es me off. As a long time Mac user I have seen the shaft come from Microsoft many times, most of the time in the form of little bugs that make their software incompatible with 3rd party software, but I didn't care too much. This time they are going too far, I see this as the start of a kind of media coup. They're allying themselves with portions of the mass media to introduce MP9.

Nothing continually makes me upset more than Microsoft's arrogant strong arm tactics.

Oh well, just had to let off steam. Flame or agree, I don't really care.

-Matt

'89 Nissan 240SX fastback: #23 DSP/RallyMod2/Track Slut
'95 BMW 540i 6 speed: Ultimate Commuting Machine

PFM Racing
www.solo2.org
www.midwest240sx.com
Rennen is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links